Type S Roof Hatch - Ladder Access
Manufacturer: The BILCO Company
Model Name: Type S-20
Roof Hatch Models
Type S-20, S-40, S-50, S-90 (stainless steel)
Standard Features and Benefits
- Miami-Dade County and Florida Building Commission approval for use in high velocity hurricane zones with large and small missile impact.*
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on cover and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weathertightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
*Standard Type S-20 and S-50 models are approved
- Material (select one):
- Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
- Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum.
- Stainless Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) type 304 stainless steel
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76 mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) Type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
- Aluminum: Mill Finish.
- Stainless Steel: Type 304 stainless steel with bead blast finish
- Steel: Engineered composite compression spring tubes with steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
- Aluminum: Engineered composite compression spring tubes with steel compression springs packed in grease. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
- Stainless Steel: Type 316 stainless steel.
U.S. Patents 5,960,596 6,347,818
The BILCO Company continues to be the industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialty access products. In order to better serve its customers, BILCO has added manufacturing facilities and strategic distribution throughout the world.